Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Sick Momma

How do you keep all the balls in the air when all you want to do is curl up into a ball yourself?  It hit me on Saturday afternoon and I've been down for the count since.  Tried to take a much-needed sick day today but my little one ended up on the sick list with me.  To her credit, she was very good: she played quietly and even allowed me to take two naps (checking on me every few minutes to stick the thermometer in my ear...).  Needless to say, it wasn't the restful day I was hoping for.

It's amazing how quickly kids bounce back with a little Motrin.  Wish I had her energy.

And so, in the meantime, a big basket of laundry sits in the middle of the living room floor, waiting for somebody to take it upstairs and put it away.  Dusting and vacuuming wait yet another day.  The work that's piling up at work?  I'll deal with that when I can lift my head off the pillow longer than a few minutes at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment